Tuesday, February 10, 2015

It took me a few minutes this morning to find a copy of my book.  Jenny had to point me to the top shelf of the little book case at the end of the hallway (we only have one hallway).  Two copies rested there.  I used to have copies scattered all over the house, or that's the way I remember it anyway.  In the intervening four or five years, they've collected, pooled as it were, congealed in locations unknown to me, but searchable.  You can tell I'm reading Jeff Vanderpool's Southern Reach trilogy, can't you?  My old words strike me as not that different from the biologically active paragraph that occupies an important, mysterious, non sequiturish kind of place in the first two volumes of that series, Annihilation and Authority.

Anyway, I've located a copy of my book and now can proceed again with my blog, after a short half decade hiatus, at my leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment